Sunday, November 25, 2018

November Unity ATC’s

So, keeping to the holiday spirit, and, since I love autumn, I made more ATCs with fall colors and Thanksgiving in mind. I’m very thankful for my ATC swap group and hope these ATCs send that message to them! I’m always inspired by their creativity!

The first ATC was relatively easy to create. I stamped the image from unity’s 9/10 KOTM onto watercolor papers cut into ATC size. The sentiment came from another Unity Kit. I watercolored the image using my Kuretake watercolors and added background grasses. I added fall washi tape and sequins and called this card set done.


I wanted to try (play with) my new Primary Elements pigment powder in the second set. I had also picked up some glitter I wanted to try and 2 spritzers from Tuesday morning recently. Not exactly sure what medium to try mixing the pigment with I decided to use 2 different types, a glazing medium from Liquitex and a Vicki Boutin gel medium. I was thinking the gel medium would help hold the glitter. I think to add more color I might have lightly added an orange Distress ink as well.


I used 3 methods on the Ranger Mixed Media paper. First I added water, pigment and medium to each spritzer and shook it to mix. I then sprayed each one and sprayed the result with plain water to get the colors to flow around. I then tried just adding pigment directly to wet paper and spraying. I liked all the colors, of course, and the effects made with blending and leaving clumps of pigment. Finally before the paper could completely dry, I added glitter and dried the paper from underneath,  I had originally planned to add background stamps but the paper turned out so pretty, I left it as is. Since I had leftover spray contents, I made another paper to use another time. I cut the paper down to ATC size.

I stamped the sentiment image from the 9/14 KOTM, onto Kraft paper. I then colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and added Spectrum Noir glitter pens to the leaves and acorns. I fussy cut the image. I found a patterned paper scrap I could use with a Sissix die I picked up at Tuesday morning to create leaves and a border. I put everything together including 3 strips of color coordinating raffia and called these done.



Hope you enjoyed these ATC’s and if you have any recommendations or ideas for using pigments, let me know! Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting.

2 comments:

  1. Your work never ceases to amaze me. Always awesome! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete