Sunday, October 7, 2018

Winter Cuddlebug Bunny Card

I recently picked up a pretty set of sequins from Tuesday Morning and a brand new to Unity stamp set, Winter Cuddlebug Bunny, and decided I needed to create a holiday card for a special little boy arriving soon! (Can you tell I’m excited?) I was also inspired by Crystal Minkler’s use of non-traditional Christmas colors in her cards!

I found a perfect holiday paper pack that I picked up too that I thought had the perfect pattern for a newborn and matched the sequins. So, given the color palette, I pulled out some distress and Versa Magic Chalk inks. I began by starting to create the background paper. I stamped the pink inks onto my craft mat and and spritzed on a white glittery Tattered Angel Glimmer mist. I then dipped my watercolor paper lightly into it to create an uneven pattern. I stamped the sentiment in blue. Then, I took the snowflakes from Scarf in Winter and began stamping combinations of Memento Teal and Lilac inks, and periodically embossing with Holographic embossing powder. 



I turned to stamp the bunny next and used grey archival ink. I colored the bunny with inks shown below. I used pens in a few places and added Spectrum Noir Clear glitter ink to the present. Then I positioned the bunny over the pink paper and decided to use a postage stamp type die that would allow a goodly amount of blue base paper to show. I then decided I wanted a little more color in the background and turned to background stamps, random dots with light blue ink from the Never kit, and the wonderful flourish stamp from the new Make Today kit with darker blue. I affixed the bunny and then used the darker pink underneath the bunny and the swirls. I already loved this flourish stamp, but love it even more now using it as snowswirls!

I pulled the card together and added my new sequins and called it done. With the sparkles its certainly  holidayish, and with the blue, I’m hoping, also boyish. Hope you like this one! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


4 comments: