Thursday, September 27, 2018

Stay Strong Coffee Cup

Inspired by: my new Unity stamp kit, Stay Strong; a Graciellie Design contest; and a shiny, sparkly, glittery card contest on Unity’s Show and Tell site, I decided to make a card today. I also decided to use up another card base I had created and never got around to using. It was made with Trimcraft’s First Edition beautiful paper pad, Love Story ... just gorgeous paper! Pairing the kit and paper made me decide to try paper piecing the cup parts. So pulling out more paper I started stamping parts onto the paper pieces. I used a Spectrum Noir paper as the base and ended up using my Prismacolor pencils to color all whipped cream and shade the pieces. I added Spectrum Noir pen to the whiter sections of the cream top and sprinkled glitter on the wet pen marks. I then added crystals to the cream.

Stamping up the flower for the front of the card, I used my Gansai Tambi watercolors, and a Spectrum Noir glitter pen on the flower part. I fussy cut and put the cup together. I then found another wood patterned paper from the pad, die cut it, inked the edges, and put sticky pink strips around the inside. I then stamped the sentiment and embossed it with Nuvo Hot Chocolate embossing powder. I stamped the heart from the kit, added glue to the center and flicked pink glitter inside the heart. I outlined the strips with pencil and added a bit more to the wood grain. I then ran a fussy ribbon across the bottom.

To put the card together, I added hearts cut from the same pad, string, clear, gold and glittery pink heart crystals. Pretty happy with how this turned out...just love the Graciellie Designs stamps. Till next time, happy crafting!



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!! Is the background paperpieced, too? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wilma! The lovely base patterned paper (which has an embossed feel to it) is part of the pad. The wood panel patterned paper I gust enhanced with sticky line strips, ink and pencil. Hope this answers your question...only paper piecing was the cup.

      Delete