Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Grateful Card

Decided to switch things up and create a collage card using Unity’s Grateful for All, LOL 6/18 kit. These are easy and fun to make. I started by pulling out some Distress inks in dark yellow and blue (which mixed with the yellow to create a blue green, a happy coincidence). First I stamped the yellow on my mat and spritzed it with a dark yellow Prima Color in Bloom spray. I then dipped the card in that twice, drying in between. I then stamped the blue and spritzed it lightly with a Dylusions teal spray and then dipped the card again. I dried it and then stamped the image in Sepia archival ink. I also added a dotted border from the January 2015 KOTM using a gold Distress ink. i finally darkened the edges and added foam to the back.

I then turned to my basket of ephemera I had picked up discounted at Tuesday Morning. I found 2 specialty papers I thought matched perfectly as well as a couple other pieces. I then partially die cut the water color paper and gave the dotted edge a straight line. I pulled out some chip boards from 2 different companies I thought would match and added a bronze color over the top.

I pulled the card together by distressing and tearing the bottom edges of the patterned paper.  I slipped a little piece of green gold foiled paper under a tear and added the dark gold embossed paper on the other side. I added some ephemera, the word ‘WE’, twine, metal pieces, sequins and the chip boards.

I think the stamped image stands out pretty well in this hodge podge card! Hope you like it! Visit again soon! Also, if interested, add your email address to get blog posts delivered to your mailbox. (Remember, this is a 2 step process, where you’ll have to interact later to an email from blogger.) Also, I now belong to a #papercraftersfollowloop, a follow loop, wherein, fellow crafters reciprocate signing up to each other’s blogs in support and for inspiration. Just leave a comment with your blog name, and I’ll follow you too! Have a great day!



6 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Joyce!! So many steps and pieces bring this together! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts- I love your card, your colors and all of the fun details!!! I am a follower, if you want to stop by my blog- My Creative Rumblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly, thank you so much! I’ll get to your blog today!

      Delete
  3. I love all of your creations. Stunning as usual. 🙂

    ReplyDelete