Friday, August 24, 2018

Blow Your Own Mind Card

Needed to create a birthday card for a very special friend. Unity’s Blow Your Mind kit caught my eye, this afternoon, so I decided to pull out some watercolor paper and go to town with a ton of products again!

I first started by stamping the flower on some leftover paper with varied colored archival inks. I then sprayed the paper with some Prima Color Bloom spray and started adding distress color inks and even a dark red Gansai Tambi color. Once all dried, I then lined up the stamp again on my Misti and restamped the flower with clear ink and used copper embossing powder. I fussy cut the flower out.

I then turned to a larger paper and began by spraying, lightly, a stone colored Prima spray and then a green Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I, then, did pull out Unity’s Ikat background stamp and tried stamping using a somewhat dried out copper colored archival ink. Turned out this was unnecessary as those images are lost in all the other layers. I then dipped the paper in a rose/orange Distress ink. I then used the mesh like background stamp with Forest Moss Oxide ink. By positioning the flower around I decided I wanted to add yellow sprays coming from inside the flower. I used yellow archival ink and a bright yellow embossing powder to add those. I also added some white dots with a Posca paint pen. For the final layer, I added diamond stencil marks using copper Art C Metallic paste. Finally, after trimming the paper, I added darker color to the edges, added sequins, ribbon and mounted the flower. I stamped the sentiment using a sage green Gina K ink, fussy cut it, added corresponding colors and mounted that.

Pretty happy with how this one turned out. Hope you like it! Have a great weekend!



2 comments: