Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Catching Up Cards

Started both of these cards and thought I’d share them. The first was stamped entirely from Unity’s Gratitude and Joy SMAK 5/18 Kit. I stamped everything using my Misti. I wanted to match up with both the washi tape colors included on the card and the paper on the the top half of the card. I used black archival ink on the vases. I watercolored the vases then added coloring around the card background. I then used coordinating distress/oxide inks on the dots and the red blobs stamps. I stamped those fairly lightly and loosely. To finish up, I added the washi, enamel dots and blue ribbon. I added newsprint patterned paper at the bottom. It turned out okay, I think.



The second card was thought up in response to a post I received from Donna Cervantez. She had commented that her Unity’s Windswept Petals had circular bubbles in the blank spaces between flowers and looked quite different from the card I had recently posted. I went back and looked at the stamp and, indeed, it did. I then realized the ink I had used on my card was quite juicy and ended up filling those spaces in. She was nice enough to post a card she made and I told her I was going to try casing it. She was very gracious and encouraging and pointed me to her blog. This card was started before I checked into her process. So, although the look is a little similar the process isn’t the same. I had some leftover alcohol ink paper I had created and decided to try stamping the image on it. I used plum archival ink to stamp the image. I cut the paper down and found some coordinating papers and created a somewhat similar card. I added a sentiment from another KOTM and backed it with similar paper. I think this card turned out okay, although this wasn’t my favorite alcohol ink experiment. I’ll be talking more about the creation of this paper in a later post.

Back to cardmaking this afternoon. Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. I love how yours turned out. Nice color scheme. Really like the first card also

    ReplyDelete