Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Bird with a Background Card

Experimented again today by combining a background tree stamp with a bird stamp. I wNted to see if this would work. The stamps I combined were the bird on a branch from Unity's April 2017 KOTM and the tree background stamp and sentiment from the September 2015 SMAK kit.

To start I found a Photoplay paper I thought would be a good inspiration for painting the scene. I experimented a little first. Then, to start, put a very light green blue wash down on Montval watercolor paper. Then I stamped the branches in a Taupe color and then stamped the bird with a Cocoa color. I used my Misti for all stamping. I ended up adding flower colors to the branches and some blue green for leaves. I also added white dots. I then restamped the bird on another sheet and watercolored that separately trying to bring more attention by making the bird partially red. I used white and black penn also. I fussy cut the bird and attached it to the painting. (Overall, the background turned out a little too vibrant for my taste. I want to try this again with much lighter inks, maybe a Taupe and coffee, to see if the busyness gets muted.)

I stamped the sentiment and fussy cut it. I added a green background to both the image and sentiment. I then pieced some other papers together onto cardstock, with a lace embellishment. Then I added the two pieces of paper, a little ephemera, and enamel dots in red and called the card done.

I will be interested to see how others react to the card. Sometimes, I find it hard to gauge whether the card is a fail or not. This is one of those times! Till next time thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment