Tuesday, May 1, 2018

What You Really Love Card

Bought a new paper pad today with animal print designs. Decided I’d like to try using Unity’s Layer of Life kit, What you Really Love, with some of the paper. I love this kit, both the saying and the owl! I also used a wood grain Bitty Background kit stamp.

To start, I pulled the paper I wanted, grabbed a Montval Canson watercolor paper and my tube paints. I mixed my colors to coordinate with the paper, a dull blue green and a tan color. I stamped the owl and sentiment several times using my Misti. I then grabbed the wood grain between my fingers and did partial stamping using coffee archival ink. I painted the owl and added tan and black colors to background. I also colored a box around the sentiment.

To pull the card together, I adhered papers to the cardstock. I then used a brown paper and ripped the edges and used that as a background for the cut down watercolor paper. I wrapped twine around the image, added a button and metal piece. I then mounted that on the brown paper and finished with enamel dots.

I like the natural serious look of this card. I think it goes well with the saying. Hope you like it! Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment