Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Bronze Clock Card

This card was pulled together finally early this morning off another card miss that I left alone for a week and some scraps. Another Unie Face-booker challenged the rest of us to put together a card from leftovers in our craft area. I used Unity’s March 2018 KOTM kit for the main image and sentiment and a small image off the December 2012 KOTM.

I had already stamped the image onto a vintage scrapbook paper and colored the clock using Prismacolor pencils. I fussy cut the clock out. I had stamped the sentiment onto a recipe ephemera piece, liking the idea of coupling “recipe” with the encouraging sentiment. This is where I originally went off kilter on a larger card base trying to use ephemera that was either too big or too distracting from the words and clock.

Starting again late last night I found the perfect papers to complement the image. First I switched to a smaller Kraft card base. I already had a distressed blue paper that I would use as a base. I found this morning a distressed 7 Gypsies striped paper that had the right color tones to complement the blue base and the clock. Since I had pulled the sentiment off the original card it had some tears, but I still wanted to use it and capture the word Recipe. In looking through my ephemera and paper pads, I found the perfect background for the clock in the Prima Epiphany pad. This pad has whites, greens, blues and oranges with very small images that wouldn’t distract, but actually complement the vintage feel. Once I mounted the clock on the paper I attached it to the sentiment. I also used my pencils to simulate the background paper in the white area between the bells. I had already added blue to the heart below the sentiment.

To fill the space on the bottom left I knew I wanted a butterfly or heart and found both in the vintage image I used. I colored the image using pens on the butterfly and distressed oxides on the rest. I decided to add texture by using a relic piece of burlap behind the image. I pulled the card together and finished it off with copper colored accents and glossy accents on the butterfly and clock bells.

I must admit I’m thrilled I was able to reuse the images I had already stamped and colored as I love both the sentiment and the vintage clock. I love how the card turned out as well. Hope you do too! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment