Friday, March 23, 2018

Day is Beautiful Card

Had to take a break today from vintage before I start next month’s ATC’s! Today I wanted to use some of the Love from Lizi kit paper and vellum that I think was part of a Bo Bunny collection. There’s another jar in March’s 2018 Unity KOTM. I thought it might be neat to stamp glass on vellum and have it look like a window showing the pattern paper behind it.

So, I stamped the image on the vellum using archival ink and turned it over to color the image. Since I had already selected the papers I was going to use on the card, I pulled complementary Spectrum Noir colored pens from my stash. I did notice that the colors are more muted on vellum. After coloring I used fine point pens to give more definition to the image and added a background paper.

The card was easy to put together with the papers from the kit. I stamped the sentiment on another paper from the kit and punched out a few small butterflies with a hand punch. To finish the card I added crystals. This is not my favorite card, by far, but it was a nice change and I was able to do a little experimentation with vellum! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment