Sunday, February 25, 2018

Bird World Card

Made another Prismacolor pencil colored card today. This time I used Radiate the World Unity kit. I also used Kaisercraft’s Rose Avenue paper pad again which I think works great for more nature related colors. I pulled out some ephemera with matching color and that also give me ideas for the card. Finding bird ephemera, I decided instead of focusing attention on the flowers, to focus more on birds and the bird at the top of the globe. This card may end up going to my birder cousin!

So, to start, I took an ephemera card with a bird and used an embossing folder on it that I had just picked up with a post card image, cut it down in size and distressed it. I also picked out a piece of Tim Holtz vellum that had flowers and a bird on it and affixed it to a piece of paper from the pad and cut it down. I decided they’d hold down the corners of the card. I used these, the papers and other ephemera to help select pencil colors.

Once the image was colored, I then went back to designing the card. I found a washi tape that would also work with papers. I decided I wanted a non-traditional background for the image, including a circle imitating the world. I also found matching map paper from another pad that I liked. I decided to stamp the sentiment on the circle and place that on one side and the map paper on the other. I used a new earth toned fancy string I bought at Tuesday AM to wrap the image.  Because this card size was 5x7, and the pad is 6x6, I extended the size of the background by using the postage stamp piece and a blue ephemera. I distressed all the ephemera. I then adhered all the pieces onto the card. I added a chipboard bird I colored with chalk writers and a white pen and called the card done.

 I like how all the components relate and I think the colors ended up blending well. Hope you like this one and have another great day!








No comments:

Post a Comment