Monday, February 26, 2018

Tattered Angel Lace Flower Card

Experimenting again today on the flowers from Unity’s KOTM from September 2017. Areas explored 1) get more comfortable with the Tattered Angel Glimmer Mists, 2) create simpler cards 3) stamping a folder side, 4) reverse stamping a stencil and 5) adding a pattern to a large stamp.

First I began by taping off a piece of Canson Bristol paper on a craft mat. I spritzed the Tattered Angel Mist over it, wiped up the excess and sprayed it again. I dried that paper and then took an embossing folder and stamped that onto the paper using distress ink. Although it showed somewhat it was very light. I then took the stencil and used a brayer to apply Memento Rhubarb to it. I laid the stencil over the paper, covered it with wax paper and used the brayer again. You can see a little more pattern in the paper now, but no pattern is distinguishable. I think the glimmer mist is somewhat resistant to ink and is dark colored. Next time, I might only use distress or oxide inks or much darker colors. But I love the shimmer the mist gives!

I used a Misti to stamp the flower and sentiment on the card. The sentiment came from the Radiate the World kit. Now it was time to create the flowers. I took a Brutus Monroe Lace Background stamp and covered it with Distress Fired Brick ink using a watercolor brush. I did this twice sponging up excess ink with a paper towel. I then place a sheet of white paper over the stamp and used my hands to help transfer the ink. This worked well as I didn’t want a very dark image. I then used the Memento ink to stamp the flowers. I used distress inks to add shadows to the flowers, fussy cut them out and added them and the patterned paper to the card.

To finish the card I added patterned paper tags, sparkly rose gold ribbon and sticky sparkles. Major lesson learned here - stamp the design first on scrap paper (as I would have changed the length of the stem if I knew how it was going to turn out), CAS (Clean and Simple) cards need heavier cardstock, be more careful of paint splotches as it’s very hard to keep the card clean, and I have to figure out a way to clean my hands from ink, suggestions welcome on this one! I think the card turned out okay, but I’m going to continue experimenting until I get these techniques down.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!



2 comments: