Thursday, September 17, 2026

Growing in Unity - Day 4

 Okay…went back to fall… because I don’t know about you…but shorter daylight, leaves falling, cooling weather is triggering my autumn vibes 🍂🍁!

Hence… Hello Fall , y’all🤣!


I found this unused acorn image and freebie “Hello Fall” sentiment in my stash. Looking back, the acorn image came from the Warm and Cozy membership kit from 8/19… really going back in time! I began this journey by first pulling some fall patterned papers from Prima and borrowing the palette colors - pulling out matching colored pencils. I stamped the image on sketching paper and colored it in. I then fussy cut it out.

 I then used the old Prima papers and another random paper from a Pink Paislee Auburn Lane fall paper pad that had copper metallic enhancements on it. I used it to back the Prima papers. 

Then looking thru my stash, I noticed I had a bonding embossing ink. I had to research what I could do with it and found out I could use it with foil sheets. Oh, boy, I thought, how fun to try stamping some acorns. I just happened to find some in the It’s All Makin’ Sense membership kit from 7/24. Never having done this before it was an adventure. I found I had made a purchase of copper sheets, from Gina K. Of course, I bought them and never used them before 🤣. Geez! So, here’s my foiled acorns. 


Okay, I have to admit, I’m using the GIU week to play and this was another super fun thing to explore. I also must admit, I selfishly care more about playing than creating perfection in cards. (I’m always left with…okay how do I salvage my playtime efforts.) I really need to try this again with holiday cards! To complete this one, I stamped the sentiment, added a fancy string and enamel dots!

Pretty fallish, huh? Remember to leave a comment for a chance to win $20 of store credit! See you tomorrow… my last day of the week!


6 comments:

  1. Great Fall colors! Your acorn definitely brings all the fall feelings to the forefront. Great work on your experimentation.too, plus using your "stash".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love it! Fall is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the texty BG and the gold. That acorn is so beautiful & you've colored it to perfection. I think I need that KOM! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun you have had with your experiments and such an amazing result

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful acorn design and the papers! Wonderful fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite so far!!!

    ReplyDelete