Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Growing in Unity - Day 2

 How fun… it’s the second day in my Growing in Unity Week. In case you missed who I am… here’s me and my 4 month old mischievous puppy!

Taking a departure from Autumn endeavors, it is the time of year for a bunch of birthdays in my family! This card was inspired by a sprayed sparkly paper I created a few years ago and never got around to using! It’s amazing what you find during clean up efforts! To embellish it, I used white embossing paste and a stencil.

I searched thru my stash and decided to pair the paper with stamps from: Lean, Pretty Please… an old retired Angie Blom set, Blow Your Mind for the background, and, Wayward Florals for the sentiment.

I began by watercoloring the stamped floral image on watercolor paper. I embellished it with pencils, pens and white acrylic paint and then fussy cut it down. 

I looked thru my Unity papers and found random scraps in these kits: Plant a GardenPink Lemonade, and Glass Garden that I tore down, distressed and backed the image with. I ended up inking the edges of the sprayed paper to match in green.

I double stamped the sentiment with 2 matching inks (pink and green), embossed it with holographic powder, cut it down and inked the edges. I backed it with a paper banner strip. 

To complete the card, I added enamel dots and 2 special threads.



As usual, my style is pretty elaborate… I’d say the farthest from clean and simple as one can get🤣. I hope it turned out okay and that the recipient sees it as a labor of love! It is fun to use up my stash this way!

Well… that’s it for Day 2! Remember to leave a comment on this week’s post for a chance at winning a $20 gift certificate to the Unity website! And, remember to leave your name! Now, on to Day 3… see you there!

16 comments:

  1. What a glorious combination of techniques!!🩷

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a beautiful work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! I know the recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. 🥰 Absolutely love it!
    I love how you used scraps from other projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning!!! Love the colors and ribbons! Great layers

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me stop scrolling! I had to blow it up to and take a closer look at this beauty. Awesome job, Joyce!!👏👏👏 Also your baby is adorable and so is your haircut! Kathy Sheely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa Hart - Love the way you use color and different shades! Beautiful card. Saves it to use for future reference. 💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Moly. This is stunning! I love how you take random elements and scraps and put together a wonderfully cohesive and creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great mix of items and designs to create your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful!!! Love your "over the top" creation!! Colors are so vibrant!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see your labor of love with this beauty! I love just reading about how it all came together. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete