Tuesday, March 12, 2024

BYSHC Sketch 43 - Bo Bunny Cards

 Welcome back to another BYSHC sketch for the month of March! Here’s the design!


I decided to take advantage of this sketch and try out some Bo Bunny papers I’d collected over the years. For the first card, I pulled out my old Yuletide Carol collection (papers and ephemera). For some reason, the lovely papers in this collection really drew me in. It was pretty easy to create this card using papers and chipboard pieces from the collection. For the sentiment, I used an Alexandra Renke kit and added enamel dots to complete the card.

For the second card, I used papers from Bo Bunny’s Christmas Treasures collection. This time, I coupled the papers with Unity stamps from a retired Tags, Glorious Tag kit. I stamped the image and watercolored it, added copper spatters and then copper embossed the same image onto acetate paper. Since I had stamped the image with an oxide ink and watercolored over that, the details of the ornaments was lost, so the acetate embossing brought those details back.  I ended up creating a shaker card using those two pieces. 



I stamped the sentiment and embossed it with a glittering embossing powder. To complete the card, I added pearl embellishments. 

Clearly, with this card I took some creative freedom from the following the detailed sketch. Must admit, both cards are a big departure from my usual style but were fun to experiment with! Thanks for stopping by, till next time… happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment