Sunday, October 1, 2023

{BYSHC} October Sketch Challenge 38 - A Super Holiday Sketch!

 Love, love, love this sketch so much that I couldn’t wait to create cards for it!


For the first card, I decided to use a Penny Black stamp called, Snow Trails. I started by stamping and clear embossing the image onto Bristol Paper. I had already pulled out to use as a background a pretty paper I picked up in a magazine. I ended up blending, over the image, 3 different oxide inks to mirror the colors in the paper. I splattered a white opaque ink to create the appearance of snow.

I cut the paper down into four pieces and glued the onto white paper. I cut that down and used foam tape to adhere to the background paper. I then stamped with purple and embossed a sentiment from Frantic Stampers Christmas Greeting Lines using a sparkly powder. A perfect complement to the image, I thought! I added a circle with a snowflake metal embellishment and white enamel dots to complete the card! Love how this one turned out!

For the second card, I relied on beautiful Mintay papers from the White Christmas collection. This was so easy to pull together. I cut the paper down and mounted it on red paper. I used another sheet from the collection and mounted that on deeper red cardstock. I cut another circle from the collection to use as a circle embellishment and added color coordination sprigs and berries using a Sizzix die set. I added a white embossed sentiment from a SSS Holiday Cheer kit. Love how the paper’s Merry Christmas sentiment plainly appears. Because the papers are so beautiful, I felt no more embellishments were needed!

Note, there’s another Linky Party coming up October 20 - 27 with giveaways from a variety of vendors! Sketch or no sketch, all holiday cards and cardmakers are welcome!


Hope you have as much fun as I did using this cute sketch! Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting till next time!

3 comments:

  1. Great layout! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Joyce! I love your paper choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Christmas cards are stunning, but the second one---wowza!

    ReplyDelete