Friday, September 1, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 37 - Simon Says Stamps, Unity, Sizzix and Couture Creations

Had fun creating a couple cards the September’s {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 37! Used a couple different techniques on this one! 

First card, I used the simple technique of letting Couture Creations’s Spirit Melodie pretty papers do the work! I combined them with sparkly embossing a Unity’s Cheerful Prancing sentiment! Also used a random star stamp on sentiment, ribbon and sequins. 

Next, I returned to my favorite technique, watercoloring. I used SSS’s Holiday Cheer stamp set to stamp the wreath image using Antique Linen. I wanted to match the colors in an old Recollections Holiday Spice paper that I wanted for the background. After watercoloring the image, I added metallic gold paint to the berries, some background spatter and copper embossed sentiment. I cut all the papers down and added a green embossed sentiment from the kit, sparkly copper paper and sequins, and distressed foliage using a Tim Holtz holiday thinlits die.

Really like the rustic feel of this one and as usual, I loved the watercoloring process!

Hope you like these 2 card samples using Sketch 37! Thanks for stopping by and till next time, happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment