Friday, May 26, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch 33 Challenge - Craft O’Clock Paper Collection

 For some reason, this sketch just called me to fussy cut and piece together little images from pretty papers.p to create a scene!


I’ve been pouring through some old papers and found an ephemera set that included cute candles. I thought I could trim them down and create a holiday scene with them. I found a beautiful paper collection from Craft O’Clock called Warm and Peaceful, I thought I could use for background papers. I ended up cutting down a piece of the paper I could use for the scene, using the foliage part as the base. I cut into that with a blade so I could slip the lantern and one candle behind the foliage. I added foam behind the 3rd candle to raise it up a little.

Must admit I love playing like this and the paper was perfect! I then stamped the Gina K sentiment using Gina K green ink. I cut down all the background pieces for the sketch, except for the strip across. I ended up using a ribbon tape I picked up years ago that I never knew what to do with. Luckily, it matched and I used 2 strips of that to make the horizontal band in the sketch. Once assembled, I added enamel dots, and another fussy cut piece from the paper, and called this one done!

Hope this inspires you to try something different! Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: