Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Unity SMAK Tag

 Watched an Isa C Art video and was inspired to make a tag with this background technique. Pretty easy to do…, first, find the colors of Oxide inks you want to use, in my case, Aged Mahogany and Weathered Wood. Then wipe using the edges of the ink pads, down the tag in a vertical motion, leaving streaky lines with the tag color showing through.

I then used the same ink pads to stamp the clock/bird image and background stamps from Unity’s August 2018 SMAK kit. I clear embossed the wing/clock image from Unity’s August 2020 SMAK kit on another sheet using a brown ink. I used watercolors, and silver Perfect Pearls to add color and shine to the image. 

I pulled out an older Ciao Bella paper collection and fussy cut images to match the theme of the card. I lightly added Aged Mahogany to the images to make them blend in with the tag colors. I found almost perfectly colored matching corrugated paper I could use, but again, scraped the pads on the paper to make colors blend together.

I found the perfect sentiment in the Paper Artsy Friends and Friendship stamp set and used a combo of the brown and Aged Mahogany to stamp it. I fussy cut it out and inked the ashes of all the fussy cut pieces.

Before pulling the tag together, I added white paste using a TCW stencil, added a little color and shading to the bird image, and inked the edges of the tag. I found matching ribbons and completed the tag.

I love how this tag turned out… with a bit of a soft vintage feel. Even though the SMAK kits are no longer available, still love many of the images!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment