Sunday, March 19, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 31 - Rustic Vintage Holiday Cards

 Been challenged this month by more work being done in my craft room and a little crafting slump, impacting my cardmaking efforts. However, I did manage to get these 2 cards done…with a rustic feel. Both cards started with Sketch Challenge 31:


The first card was created with a Unity vintage stamp called, Foxy Christmas. I varied a little from the sketch, but had fun creating a background for the foxy den stamp. I used a couple oxide inks to match colors in the background for the Fox image. I used a Peace stamp from another Unity Kit with an old Zinc Antique gold embossing powder which I also used on the die cut edges of the image. I used gold crystals and a gold ribbon to brighten up the card. I did cheat on this card as it’s missing the 3rd layer, but I wanted to preserve the tree!

The second card was made with a Love From Lizi stamp set, called Merry and Bright. I also used a Ciao Bella Frozen Roses paper pack to create a background for the card.

I used the heart image with red and brown inks. I clear embossed it, and then added red and dark green watercolor to the heart. I fussy cut out the card and backed it with a dark gray paper. I stamped the sentiment from the kit of the second layer of the sketch. I used a doorframe paper and another from the kit to make the 3rd layers. Finally, I used red paper for the bottom layer. I distressed the edges of the papers too. I added green string and a bow to the 3rd layer.

I decided to try both Love From Liza’s fluffy snow embossing powder which I received in a card kit and Tim Holtz’s Glistening Snow grit paste to add snow details to the card, a step I could have skipped. To complete this card, I added a fussy cut pine cone (with snow I added) and I red and green enamel dots.

Still time to add more holiday cards with this sketch! Check out https://byshcardmakers.blogspot.com/ for more inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting till next time!

 

1 comment:

  1. It is always a pleasure stopping by and viewing your creations.

    ReplyDelete