Monday, October 3, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 27 - Wishing You Joy

 Well, hello to a new group of fellow cardmakers! Yay - I’ve just joined the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmembers Design Team! I’m was so excited to be able participate in this group, that I immediately made my first holiday card and here it is! Here’s the sketch providing inspiration for this card!

For this card’s focus, I used a Kraft paper card base, a paper from Prima’s Santa Baby pad, and 2 Simon Says Stamp kits, The Magic of Christmas and Season of Joy. I started by stamping the image using Victorian Velvet Oxide ink onto the a piece of precut mixed media paper. I watercolored the image using same tones as the Prima paper strip. I lightly added both paint spatters and a very faint Unity script stamp to the background. To add a fancy border I thought would match the Kraft paper, I embossed strips of Stampendous powder. I did this by taking a small cube of Brutus Monroe embossing ink and very carefully wiping it down the edges of the paper. 

To create the card, I found some coordinating paper scraps I cut down and used those to recreate the sketch image. I embossed the sentiment and added that to the image. To complete the card, I added Simon Says stamp die cut leaves (Privet Branch), painting the paper in the same tones, and a few sequins. 

So happy to have been invited to join this team and looking forward to creating a bunch of holiday cards! See you next time and happy crafting!

1 comment: