Saturday, April 2, 2022

March ATC’s

 So, I’ve started back creating Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) with a much smaller group. I have always found this to be a fun diversion and opportunity to play. Plus I love receiving them in return. We’ve changed the rules to be anything goes… can use any stamp company or even no stamps. I like the freedom this gives me to explore other options. However, to get back in the groove of creating these, I’ve again turned to Unity.

The top set was created with March heralding women and women's history. In reducing my paper horde I came across a 12x12 black and white patterned sheet with 9 different patterns. I used several of these as the card base. I then stamped the woman from Unity’s (must be retired) Rebuild Herself Kit several times. I used a charcoal pencil for shading and cut them out. I added a white circle and red crystals. For the sentiment I fussy cut out REAL WOMEN from one of the sentiments and the other words from other kits. And, yes, real woman are extraordinary!

The second was in recognition of the horrific war being played out this month. I used Paper Artsy Lemoncillo Infusion powder for the background paper and some distress inks. I then stamped the vase from Hello Gorgeous and watercolored it loosely using blues and yellows and added pen outlines. I fussy cut those out, added blue Washi tape and sequins. For the sentiment from the No Apologies kit, I  embossed it on vellum and attached it to the card. My message for those struggling and the people of Ukraine!

Hope you enjoyed these! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment