Wednesday, October 27, 2021

A spell card I couldn’t resist making!

 Okay, must admit I’m a horror movie fan (wonder if it’s related to my love of roller coasters and being an adrenaline junkie) and, therefore, Halloween is a favorite holiday of mine with all those ghouls, ghosts and witches! I usually love to decorate and have been limited this year due to a major remodeling effort. Therefore, I have been relegated to decorating using paper crafts. (Check out my next Friends of Unity post for some really fun decorations, after the fact, but still fun…including a sneak peek here for you … ).

Here’s a fun creepy grungy card I created using a few Unity stamps, Halloween papers and ephemera! I started by stamping the spooky doll from Voodoo Vibes onto a variety of Tim Holtz Halloween papers to get an idea of what I wanted to do. I then played around with stamping and embossing the Dinged Dots background stamp onto tan paper using a combo of embossing powders. I also found an old really great Bo Bunny collection in my stash, called Wonderfully Wicked. It contained some interesting printed vellum papers. I decided to use one of those to emboss my doll on. I then fussy cut it and paper pieced the doll onto it. I then placed all of that onto my Dinged Dots paper and fussy cut that out.

For the background I used Halloween papers and ephemera. I distressed and tore edges and inserted other distressed papers behind the torn areas. I stamped the sentiment from Toil and Trouble onto tan papers, distressed the edges, die cut it using a Tim Holtz die and added a little orange color. To complete the card, I filled in the buttons on the doll with metallic pens, added sequins, black mesh, corrugated paper, and black twine. 


Spooky enough for you? Didn’t want to get too dark on a card as I know not everyone enjoys this holiday or the fear factor.

Hope you have a good holiday weekend! Happy crafting till next time! (If interested in getting this spooky card, PM me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment