Thursday, November 19, 2020

Polka Dot Orchard’s Dolly Doily

Started playing with the 2 Dolly Doily sets from Polka Dot Orchard, Dolly Doily (square) and Dolly Doily (mask) using a variety of mediums and techniques. I’ve made cards with a few of them, but have kept the others for future efforts (potentially mixed media projects).

I used the Cosmic Shimmer Holly Green texture paste on green card stock paper for the first card. I die cut a Simon Says Stamp snowflake using gold glitter paper, and embossed a sentiment from Unity’s 9/20 Elements of the Season KOM. I attached a large holiday themed DCWV Washi Tape from a 6x6 paper pad onto white card stock and die cut it for the bottom. I die cut a gold paper tree. I finished off the card with the die cut remnants, red crystals and some gold sticky strips.

I used the Brutus Monroe Raspberry Glitter Glaze on pink card stock for the second card. Here I gold embossed the cute image from Unity’s Uniquely Unity kit, ... All Wrapped Up. I then used a mix of Spectrum Noir Glitter pens on the image and die cut it. I paired it with wintry patterned paper, gold trimmed ribbon and pink and gold crystals.


For the last card, I used the ink blend on shimmer paper creation. I decided to use it as a background for Unity’s Simple Lovely Birdie kit. I picked up on a sale site, a 12 set Caran D’Ache Museum Aquarelle watercolor pencils. Giving the bird texture was important to me, so I thought it a perfect test of the pencils. I’m new at using watercolor pencils, but this set was so easy to work with... my only complaint, I wanted more colors! I had to resort to my Schmincke set to add a redder wash to the bird. I also ended up using pens to add definition. I fussy cut the bird and stenciled paper. I paired them with Simple Vintage Christmas paper from Simple Stories, Simon Says Stamp dies, fussy cut Pinecone, striped red twine and enamel crystals. Pretty busy design, but it’s festive.


Hope you enjoyed these ideas. Had fun combining products and using older stuff! Well, till next time, happy crafting!

3 comments: