Saturday, November 21, 2020

Making Spirits Bright Card

Used this month’s Unity SMAK, Peace in Your Soul, to make this elegant fun card! I also used Bright Spirits, the 11/19 SMAK Beauty of Life, and a random scroll from an unknown older Unity kit. The base layer is a paper from Unity’s Rustic Winter Wishes

I first started by embossing the bottles into a shimmery white card stock, using Antique Linen, Fired Brick and the new Rustic Wilderness oxides and corresponding embossing glazes. They turned out beautifully! After checking through my whole stack of papers, I couldn’t find anything that would work but I did get inspired by some of them! So, I decided I needed to create my own paper background. I first started by laying down a water wash of Antique Linen oxide on to white card stock. I stamped the pad onto my mat, added water and swiped a large brush through that and across the paper lightly to add the color. I lightly stamped the music background down the entire page, once dried. 

I then used all 3 oxides again to add the holly, pine cones and scroll to the sides. I die cut this sheet, and stamped the sentiment at the top in black Versafine. I then adhered/mounted the bottles. I backed this paper with a gold glitter paper and mounted everything onto an A6 size card.




I love how this one turned out and enjoyed using my new glazes and green color. Was also fun creating that background. I didn’t add any embellishments to the card as it seems complete to me! But if you think I should, comment below! Thanks for stopping by! Till next time, happy crafting!


3 comments:

  1. I love it and I don’t think it needs anything else.
    I don’t have embossing glazes, so I hope I can achieve this with what I do have. This kit is so beautiful and calling my name. If I could stop doing house work and go play I’d be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it just as it is!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete