Sunday, September 13, 2020

I See Your Soul Card

Love sunflowers, so I was happy to see one included in Unity’s September SMAK, Everything is Up to You! I recently picked up a grungy Echo Park paper collection and decided I wanted to try using the papers for this grungy card. I pulled out Seth Apter Ancient Amber and Wendy Vecchi Buttercup embossing powders, the Crackling Campfire oxide ink, and my Gansai Tambi watercolors.


I started by first taking a paper from the Transatlantic Travel pack and embossing in yellow the sunflower petals and used the brown powder in the center of the flower. I also used the red ink to get the fade away bits of the stamp. I then began adding dimension to the flower with watercolors. It’s an interesting contrast that the powders fully cover the paper while the watercolor bits are transparent. I used a Brea Reese brush pen in black ink to add some random lines. Again, just trying to go for the “impression” of a flower.  I used other stamps from the kit to add more texture to the background. I then spritzed flecks of black, white, red and gold paint all over. Used the same paper to stamp the sentiment and a gold pen to highlight the letters.


I die cut the sunflower paper, fussy cut the sentiment and backed both with more paper from the kit. I added sequins with prills and black ribbon to embellish the card. I like the combo of the sunflower facing one head on with the sentiment! The “grunginess” just says to me, I see you as you are and that’s okay!


Hope you enjoy this unique take on a card! Till next time, happy crafting!

2 comments: