Friday, June 12, 2020

Feather SMAK Cards

Tried playing today with the new gorgeous feather from June’s 2020 SMAK kit, Start Where You Are. I pulled Vicki Boutin crayons, scribbled them all over the feather, sprayed it with water and stamped it on watercolor paper. With both cards, I ended up re-stamping the image with regular ink. The fun part about doing this is the crayons and water end up bleeding around the image, allowing multiple colors to chine through.

On my first attempt, I used multiple color crayons, yellow, orange, blue and purple and doing it multiple times. The colors ended up blending a little too much, but I kept on. I then pulled out a Gina K blue/purple ink and stamped over the dried crayon colors. I used oxide inks to add the other background stamps and finally used Versafine ink to add the sentiment. I did add a couple more stamps, a circular dots stamp (from the Helluva Start SMAK kit) and the border stamp (from the Time to be Happy Again Kit). I inked the edges. I used one of the stamps on a piece of Washi tape. Tore it up, added another piece of Washi and some die cut paper additions for embellishment.


For the second, I used only yellow and red crayons, added the background stamps and paint spatters. This time, I also added copper Perfect Pearls spatter. I used corrugated paper and patterned paper as backgrounds. I stapled on cloth ribbon and added enamel dots.


So, these turned out interesting and we’re fun to do... love getting inky and spraying stuff... the kid in me, I guess! But, this stamp is gorgeous and I need to try some other techniques to really show it off.

Till next time, happy crafting!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards! I just purchased some Vicki Boutin crayons this week. I'm going to try this technique. 😊

    ReplyDelete