Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Honey Bee Winter Anemone Card

Into painting florals lately, so I pulled out Honey Bee’s Winter Anemone stamp sets and die cuts thinking it might go with this time of year. I stamped the main floral image, a flower and 2 leaves using Inkon3’s Fadeout No Line Coloring Detail ink onto a piece of Arches Cold Pressed Watercolor paper. I took a cheaper watercolor paper and sprayed 2 green Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists on it, thinking perhaps I’d make my own background. I let that dry while I watercolored the anemones. I had pulled up images of anemones and found a white one I’d try to emulate.

After lightly watercoloring the images, I pulled out my Prismacolor pencils and some pens to provide a little more definition. I left the image much less defined than I usually do. I’m interested in any reaction, including suggestions on how to color stamped white images. I took the spray painted sheet and used a stencil and spread Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Mother of Pearl lavishly over the paper. The spray painted sheet still turned too green, so I added blue watercolor over the top. The design, while very pretty competed too much with the florals, so I ended up only using it to back the sentiment.

I pulled together an A6 size card with a magazine paper backing the image (what can I say... I love any kind of patterned paper), and a white embossed sentiment from Honey Bee’s Everything Wonderful Kit. I left it at that as the florals are busy!


Well, enough for today, ... Happy New Year everyone! Wishing you all the best and a great crafting (and otherwise) year ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is soooo beautiful! I love the colors, it is perfect - you've done a brilliant work! xx

    ReplyDelete