Saturday, March 30, 2019

Not Be Perfect Card

Made a quick card yesterday after noticing a new challenge was up on the Unity Show and Tell site. After playing in mixed media all week, I really needed to try a card again. The Single Layer with no embellishments seemed a perfect contrast to tone down my efforts.

I wanted a smaller image and picked up Unity’s Not Be Perfect Kit. The girl is always depicted in a swimsuit or short shorts. Because of the season and the sentiment, I decided to change that up, have her in pants and let the focus be on the girl in retrospection. I found the perfect stencil to pair with the image, and, with that decided, pulled out some inks.

To begin, I stamped the image and sentiment on watercolor paper. Having read Shannon Edward’s rainbow post yesterday in her blog, I was inspired to create a mini rainbow effect with the stencil. I then used the edge of the stencil to add colored borders mirroring the rainbow effect. I used Distress inks to add color to the image. I then turned to my pencils and gambol to complete the coloring.

To finish, I added paint spatters and more hearts using a pen to extend out the image decorations. I die cut the paper, mounted it on cardstock and called it done.

Pretty simple card to make for me. And it’s not perfect, as the saying goes. I was hesitating on posting it as I wasn’t sure about it, but then decided to add it to the challenge and post it on IG last night. Given the positive response, I thought I better blog about it after all. So, that’s the story about this one!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend! Happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. This is so strikingly beautiful. All the light and shadows are perfect. I love the color palette. Thank you for sharing the datails!

    ReplyDelete