Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Poppies Card

For this card, I waned to ink up the poppies stamp from Unity’s Poppies and Love kit and see if I could channel the pretty paper from Prima’s, Pretty Pale, collection. I started by inking up the stamp and printing it on waterpaper (I actually trashed my first attempt at this). For the background, I then pulled stamps from the Bitty Backgrounds Kit, the 12/15 and the 2/13 KOTM’s. I stamped those and then colored all in using pencils. This is the paper and pad, I was channeling:



I decided to veer a little away from the original colors and used gray, tan, brown and black raspberry pencils. Once I was done, I ended up tearing the paper to give it a Vintage feel and inked up the sides. I then found odds and ends paper, (including a piece from the pad), to use as collage bits. I also unearthed a 30 year old paper, I don’t know what kind of paper, with fiber threads in it and tore some of that up to back the watercolor paper. I found a butterfly and cut out more butterflies with a punch to surround the flowers. I used the sentiment from the Hello It’s Me kit, which I must admit, I identify with. I first used the mini background stamp and then stamped the sentiment and inked the sides.


Hope you enjoy the vintage feel of this one. Till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment