Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Unity Valentine Cards

Been making some cards in the background that I thought I’d collect up and post here. The first card was developed with a bunch of Unity stamps and a stamp and some die cuts from Vicki Boutin, Tim Holtz and Crafter’s Companion. I also used patterned paper, Washi tape, string and crystals. I wanted to see if I could use the angel from the Peace, Peace, Peace kit to make a Valentine. I like the combo of the sentiment and this stamp! I’m not bothering to describe the process as many of the stamps I used ended up hidden...similar to what happens in mixed media as you keep playing. The additional kits used were: 5/16 SMAK kit (background stamps), Love is Grand, and Heart Strings.



The second card was created using the following kits: To My Valentine, Heart Flutter, and going to be okay. ,I started actually by combining a pink Heidi Swapp paste with a white one with a gold tint, which made a rose gold color. I used that with a TCW stencil with hearts and x’s, found coordinating papers, combined and then die cut. I ended up using a square cardbase for this one. Since I wanted this to show, I decided to use bird’s to create the Valentine and found a few kits I thought looked good together, including the sentiment. I think this one will go to my son and DIL. I added Washi tape and crystals to this.


The last card was created with my newborn grandson in mind. The Again, I used patterned paper, Washi tape and die cuts to make the hearts. I used pencils and pens on the mouse. Kits used were Love Birds and Alfie (Heart and Soul Mouse).



Well, on to watercoloring...I need a fix! ;) take care and happy crafting till next time!

2 comments: