Sunday, December 30, 2018

Flower Card for Another Color Challenge

Pulled out the 11/18 Unity SMAK kit, which I’ve not played with yet, for another color challenge. I decided to use a painted background paper I created for another card, even though the pattern was a bit more blue than the pic below. I started by adding more gray and mint colors to it by dipping the paper into water sprayed ink, on my craft mat. I then cut a piece of the paper out to fit the front of an A2 card. I stamped the leaves and butterflies from the kit in peach and gray colors. I did this by using a combo of distress inks. I then pulled out a TCW stencil and added a pattern over the too dark butterflies using a mint Heidi Swapp paste and another pattern using a dark gray paste. This is the color palette posted, however, my “mint” color ended up more on the blue side as the paper I started with had a bluer tint to it.


I then cut a piece of watercolor paper and stamped the flower using a combo of gray inks and a peach archival ink. I added color to the panel using the Distress inks and then played (a lot) adding details using pens (colored, white and gray), watercolors and pencils. Fussed a lot with this one!

I then added more color to the background, by stamping the corner stamp in the kit with the mint color. I also used a doily TCW stencil to add a peach color. And finally, I stamped the leaves around using Hickory Smoke.


I added a peach colored paper backing, mint and peach ribbons and crystal dots to the panel. Mounted with foam tape on the background and decided to die cut “Hugs” to add to the the ribbon. Attached all to a cardbase and called this card done.


I think it’s a soft and fairly pretty card in person, but it’s not anything special, to me. I think I might try this color palette with a softer look tomorrow, because they are pretty colors. Till next time, happy crafting!



2 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your creations. Although it may not be anything special to you, I'm sure any recipient would be thrilled to receive it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, thank you! I have to say, in person, the card looks better. Thanks for all your encouraging words!

      Delete