Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Coffee Loving Blog Hop Peppermint Mocha

Created a quick card to try participating in the Fall/Winter Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop. Used Unity’s Cozy Layers Mode and Holiday Treats kits. I picked up way to shiny card stock from Tuesday Morning. I had some pinkish/holographic snowflake glitter from Target I thought I’d try using. And I picked up a shiny silver media spray and silver embossing powder from Brutus Monroe to use.

I created the background paper using the silver spray, and pink Distress inks. I then cut out a slot to make a shaker card with it and wrapped some Washi tape around it. I stamped the candy canes and peppermint candy in a pattern I thought would fit on the cup. I then stamped the cup. I also stamped dots around the cup and embossed them with a pink embossing powder. I then watercolored the card and added another candy cane and fussy cut it. I added another candy cane that I had fussy cut.

I created the shaker out of 2 acetate sheets as I didn’t think I could get foam to adhere well enough to the glitter cardstock. I attached that behind the paper and adhered it to the card. I then stamped, silver embossed the holly strand and fussy cut it to make an embellishment. I stamped and silver embossed the sentiment to paper I had added pink watercolor to. I fussy cut that and used a silver pen on the edge.

Not so proud of this card, but I was able to experiment with new products and combining these stamp sets. I love the Brutus Monroe products; they performed well. And, I figure out how to add a card to the blog hop. Hope to make a much better card for the next entry!




18 comments:

  1. This is so very gorgeous. Great colors and I love the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I hope everyone clicks on your photo! the glitter and shimmer are absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you so much... it sparkles from afar! ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is a wonderful card, totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh, I love all the shimmer and sparkle on this lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a delicious coffee.
    Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete