Wednesday, July 11, 2018

The Garden Tag Card

Needed a break from ATC’s, so I pulled out Unity’s The Garden {what not} Collection. Grabbed one of the tag stamps and stamped it out using my Misti and Distress Oxide Vintage Photo ink. I colored various parts using a small bit of Brea Reese Glitter ink and Perfect Pearls. I then pulled out a patterned paper and stamped that using the same ink with a stamp from the Vintage Era Background kit that I thought would coordinate well. I then used a new Tim Holtz stencil and a Heidi Swapp gold metallic paste that I picked up cheap at Tuesday am on the patterned paper. I also used white gesso with another TCW stencil. I finally grabbed a red ink and stamped a few butterflies from January 2015 SMAK kit on the paper. I took a brown pen and made dashes around the paper and affixed the tag to the paper.

I had some time ago used stencils on some vintage paper and mounted it on a card base. After looking through papers, I realized that would work with my images. I stamped the sentiment (not sure which kit it’s from) on scrap paper and die cut it. I added some Worn Lipstick color to the sentiment to blen in. I then looked through some of the ephemera packs and found the gold embossed paper, the plaid paper and some other bits. I pulled the card together using buttons, ribbon, and twine.

I’m pleased with how the card turned out...back to vintage, yes! Learned you could use stencils on patterned paper. Hope you like it!





No comments:

Post a Comment