Sunday, May 20, 2018

Don’t Overthink It Card

Unity has a new challenge going on - Unity Girl Card Challenge. So, of course, I felt the urge today to do another card using a stamp from Unity’s March 2018 SMAK Kit. She’s a little tough to use as she can look scary, so I was challenged to soften her expression and angles. I used a few other Unity kits I’ll mention as I go on.

To start I pulled an Authentique paper pad out to use as the color inspiration. I began by stamping the girl using black archival ink with my Misti. I then pulled out my watercolors and added color to the flowers, dress and background, ensuring the darkest yellows surround her head. I then pulled out a background stamp from the 12/17 SMAK kit, hickory smoke ink and added texture to the image. I finished by adding some spatters.

I then took the image and used my Prismacolors to work on her face and brooch, and add shadows to her dress and the flowers. Once I was satisfied, I added the sentiment from the 12/17 SMAK kit using my Misti. I then die cut the paper using a postage die and backed it with dotted paper.

Next, I tried to find paper for the card and being unsuccessful, decided to make my own using oxide inks. I did use the Authentique paper to create a horizontal strip, a vertical strip, a die cut key (colored) and a doily (using a Bo Bunny die cut). I pulled a Kraft paper out and used the following stamps to decorate the paper: blots and right side background stamps from the happy kit, and the circles and receipt from March 2018 SMAK.

Finally, I pulled the card together with string, a Prima flower and, lo and behold, Unity’s brand new Aurora sequin kit, which, surprisingly, matched! Had fun on this one using new stamps and was challenged to make the girl interesting and to create a background paper. I think it all turned out okay. Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment