Sunday, March 18, 2018

Create a Life You Love

Inspired today by Prima’s Lavender paper pad, the Unity 6/17 SMAK kit and the new Unity Show and Tell Paper Piecing Card Challenge, I created this elaborate (at least I admit it) card. I used a variety of Unity kits on this one besides the SMAK kit, namely, She Never Says Never, chairs from Enjoy Your Company, All Hail Queen Bee, One Night Only, and Journal Box.

I stamped the woman on gray Kraft paper and colored with Prismacolor pencils. I stamped her again on patterned paper for her outfit. I joined and fussy cut all the pieces and played with potential backgrounds. After playing, I stamped the candelabra on a plain paper from the pad and added script for the background and distressed the edges. I backed that with another sheet from the pad that I used the journal box stamp on and then a solid gray paper.

I took another paper from the pad to stamp the chairs on. I mixed lilac and seedless preserves oxides and a white Tattered Lace spray to stamp the stamp in and then stamp that on the paper. I distressed that paper and then used a Sissix Lace trim die on gray paper to make a border. I adhered a paper from the pack and the chairs paper to the cardstock. I then stamped the bees and ticket onto the backside of the scraps from the pad and trimmed those to use as Ephemera in the background. I added part of a doily behind the ticket and punched a hole in the end to add ribbon. I added keyboard washi to the bees.

After playing with all the pieces I decided to give the romantic impression of a hall like for a concert or show...or whatever, using the candelabra framed alone.  (Watching too many Hallmark movies I think!) So, instead of framing the woman in a box, I decided to give her an outline shadow to make her stand out. After trying some solid sentiments I decided to use a sentiment on vellum on the bottom left. I added a fussy cut crown from one of the kits and added crystal dots around and about, including giving her earrings!

Okay, I freely admit, this one is over the top again. But, my imagination just rolls with the ideas to create a theme and I’m driven to complete it! If nothing else, I hope you enjoy the romance of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment