Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Vintage Pink Kindness Card

Today, I used Unity’s There Are Always Flowers image and colored the image with Prismacolors pencils. I had stamped the image on a grey piece of scrapbook paper. Masking off the flowers, I also used Vibes background stamp on the same paper. I fussy cut the paper and found ephemera I wanted to use with this stamped paper. Then I found another beautiful piece of scrap paper I received in a Love From Lizi kit with sparkly roses in it. I also had a sheet of labels that I wanted to use and found a sentiment in Unity’s Sending Kindness kit that would fit. I stamped that on separate paper and added a few embellishments stamps on each side. I then used a Tim Holtz label die, colored the edges of the sentiment and placed it on the fussy cut label.

The card was assembled using ephemera, various flowers (including one put together with a brad), a homemade paper heart that I added glass dots to, Liquid Pearls, glass dots, ribbons, twine and a metal flower.

I think it finally came together okay, but there was a lot of rework done on it. An analogy I’ve heard before, if I made sausage and you enjoyed the taste, don’t ask how it was made. You really don’t want to know! Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment