Friday, February 9, 2018

Unie Card Challenge Pink/Orange

Oh boy, this card challenge really challenged me and it shows!  “Rules” were:
White card base
Any Unity Stamp Set
Black Ink 
1 Orange Piece of Paper
1 Pink Piece of Paper
1 Heart
1 Paperclip
1 Button
Colored Pencils
Now, the rules are somewhat flexible, and, after all, it will be a random drawing for the wonderful prize of an honored fuzzy Altoid piece of candy! Yes, one of the more serious Unity fan crafters offered up this wonderful challenge yesterday! The lengthy post had me laughing for a good hour! The Unity Show and Tell Facebook crowd are a really positive funny bunch to hang with! Anyway, on to this serious challenge!

Okay, I really wanted to stamp out the pears in the Sending Kindness kit. I then pondered how I could pull in the pink and orange themes and found there is a Red Anjou Pear, who knew? Well, then, I proceeded to stamp the pears in Memento Black Tuxedo ink and pulled out the Prismacolors to color it (of course, including pink and orange). After completing the pears and leaves, wanting a non-white background, I colored a pencil scratch like background.

After that, I had to contemplate what next and here’s where my inexperience in cardmaking showed up. I tried a few different options and colors and finally came up with another wonky design! By that I mean I doubt a sketch could be found anywhere for what I pulled together (probably for a very good reason). I wanted to try using an embossing folder as I am a huge fan of patterned paper and I was stumped how to offset the details in the image with plain paper. So, tried a coupled using orange paper and decided the weave pattern sort of matches the pencil scratch background (and after I was done and taking photos, I realized I could have created the same weave behind the pears). I die cut a round circle for the image to show through. I then edged the paper using a leaf border punch on one side and a zig zag border die on the other. I then pulled some pink paper and used the same zig zag die on one side.

Stamped a pretty sentiment from the same kit and spent way too much time fussing with using dies to create the right size tag for the sentiment and the card. There must be an easier way!!! Then, after searching and trying several options, to balance the card, I selected an orange paperclip, a colored pink/copper heart and pink button with orange twine.

Overall, I think it turned out... wait for it... just... okay. 😕 But, at least it’ll be entered now, and, after all, every card is a learning experience for me. If you have suggestions for me, please comment below! Always interested in advice! Thanks and have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment