Thursday, January 11, 2018

My background - Part 2

I’ve always been interested in artistic and crafty endeavors from when I was a child, having inherited this passion from my mom. I used to design my own paper doll clothes when I was little and loved coloring. Started sketching in grade school and took art classes all through high school, even winning a few awards. As I was good in both math and art classes, I came to a hard decision to leave art as a hobby and pursue computer science as a career. Early in my career, I tried cardmaking as a hobby but gave that up once I became a Mom. After retiring, I finally had the chance to explore my artistic side again and started up using coloring books. I watched many YouTube videos - how to’s on pencil coloring, watercolor painting, decoupage, cardmaking, mixed media art, etc. I attended local Stamping Up classes, Stamp and Scrapbook Expo’s, and bought department store cardmaking magazines. I started buying cardmaking supplies (you never finish, right?) and finally developed Christmas cards using precut diecuts December 2016. I also tried to teach myself watercolor techniques and finally took a college course Spring 2017, Intro to Watercolor. This past summer, I created a craft room and started stamping and coloring cards regularly, figuring I would donate the cards. In October, I joined and started posting my creations in several Facebook groups. The feedback on my posts has been inspiring and a great learning tool and I’ve learned a lot from admiring and following others’ efforts. I won a Unity card challenge in December and started getting requests for a how-to blog. Now, you are up to date! As a manager, I loved mentoring others, and I welcome the opportunity to, again, share my techniques and experiences with you! See my next post, Future directions and blog intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment