Friday, January 19, 2018

First Unity Kit April 2017 KOTM

Welcome! Recently, a challenge was made to use the first Unity stamp bought in a card! Accepting the challenge, I made an easy card using the flower bundle from the Unity April 2017 Kit of the Month; the first Unity purchase I made. I happened upon this company after watching 10 cards, 1 kit theme videos on YouTube. The Unity kits intrigued me with the volume and size of stamps delivered in a kit and the varied nature of the stamps and sentiments in their kits. It was truly a blessing as I love the stamps in their inventory, the quality is great, and the user community is warm and welcoming!

The flower bundle image was colored with Prismacolor pencils. I found in my stash a Farmhouse American Crafts paper pad that matched the colors used pretty closely. I decided to use scalloped  cardstock that I wish to use up. I stamped the sentiment on patterned paper using Memento Ivy Cottage and punched holes in one side. I “vintaged” the components using distress inks. I used a tag die set to create a background for the colored image. I embellished the card using a brad, a burlap looking doily, part of an ephemera piece that happened to have a bee on it, an off white flower, a chip board bird (colored using Chalk Writer crayons) and some sticky jewels.

Hope you like this simple card.




No comments:

Post a Comment