Welcome back… to my last day of my Growing in Unity week. This has been so fun challenging myself again for a full week of creativity and play.
Again, I had to go back to my favorite season for inspiration for this one! I started with a cutout of a magazine page, a patterned paper I just fell in love with. Because of its size, I decided to use it to make a slim line card. I found one of my favorite female stamps that I think kind of celebrates the season in the Golden Glow, 10/23 membership kit. I stamped the image using a combo of stamps… dark brown for the hat and lighter on the rest of the image. Because I like paper piecing, I used the Pink Paislee Autumn Lane pad from last card for the shirt and another tan paper for the cup. With all 3 papers after stamping I used colored pencils for coloring and shading, using tones in the background paper to coordinate everything. I fussy cut and pieced all of the pieces together. I did also use colored pens and white pens on the hair.
Once she was ready, I found a tan scrap paper that looked like cardboard and another real cardboard paper in green I could use to back the image. I stamped the sentiment from the kit on a random scrap paper that matched, embossed it with holographic powder, inked the edges, made a banner of it and backed that as well.
I pulled out a chipboard leaf and used a combination of green inks and clear embossing powder repeatedly to color it. I used an embossing pen to add copper powder over parts of it as well. (See bottom right.)
To complete the card, I added the “cold” strip I picked up from Unity (inking the edges again), a 49 and Market green ephemera piece, a brown button and green twine.
I think she’s my fav piece this week… the colors, her face and that paper… yes!
Welp… that completes my week! What a fun time I had! Be sure to leave a comment letting me know your feedback and what your favorite day has been. I’ll be picking 2 winners for $20 in store credit and making an announcement on Unity’s Show and Tell page next week. Thanks for stopping by and happy fall crafting!
Fabulous, love the paper piecing!
ReplyDeleteLove all the colors! That green really makes it pop.
ReplyDeleteAnother fabulous card! I've enjoyed every one of your projects this week! Thanks for all the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteWow! This looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect card to end with! She is stunning! FANTASTIC WEEK!
ReplyDeleteI certainly can't pick a favorite - I don't know how you did! lol This is another gorgeous work of art. Your attention to details is awesome. Thank you for sharing your beautiful art!!
ReplyDeleteJoyce, I love all the layers of this. I have such a hard time with doing that! Thanks for sharing a great week and lots of inspiration.
ReplyDeleteShe is so gorgeous! Every little detail is perfection! Such an inspiring week of cards Joyce! Thanks
ReplyDeleteSo amazing, I think today's card has to be my favourite. Thank you for a great week
ReplyDeleteWow, an amazing card!
ReplyDeleteLinda Abel
Awesome card! Love the autumn theme and colors, and all the embellishments are wonderful! Beautiful! Thanks for a great GIU week with all of your fabulous projects! Today's card is my fave!
ReplyDelete