Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July Unity ATCs

This was a mixed month, hurting in the beginning, much improved in the end! Besides my wrist, I was also dealing with a partial tear in my rotator cuff and tendonitis in my foot. So, needless to say, my work improved as I improved! 

I started this month’s ATCS during our 100 degree weather, so I first pulled out a popsicle and sentiment from the 2/19 KOTM. I used glitter inks and oxides to color the popsicle. I used Tutti Fruitti patterned paper to back the popsicle. After backing the paper on an angle using ATC sized colored cardstock, I decided to try creating faux popsicles using a stencil and used 2 different BoBunny glitter pastes with it. Remembering a lot of Heartfelt Creations classes, I decided to shape the popsicles using a stylus tool, where you wet the back and roll the ball over the areas you want to add dimension to. Finally, I used pens to add details. These turned out pretty funky, but I just couldn’t redo because of pain. 


I ended up liking the second set better! I started by stamping the girl from the May 2019 SMAK kit. Masking her off, I then lightly stamped the flower from the No Rain No Flowers Kit 3 times. I then took a simple butterfly from the Heart Flutter Kit and off stamped (or second generation stamped) it in blue to add a simple touch of blue. Finally, I used part of a “stamp” stamp from another kit to add a little darker red. I added a little Tattered Rose to the cheeks and a couple small scroll parts using a stencil and Vicki Boutin rose colored paste. Finally, I stamped the sentiment that I felt when doing these ATCs (snarky of me, eh?) on vellum and attached it with a coordinating different brad to each ATC. I must say, I am very much in my happy place doing vintage work ;-)! This sentiment came from the Art & Possibility Kit. 




Till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment