Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Pretty Pale Prima Girl Card

Yesterday, I started another vintage card using Prima’s Pretty Pale paper pad and ephemera, and Unity’s 5/18 SMAK kit. 

I started by stamping out several browns and pinks and selecting complementary oxide and distress inks that would coordinate with the paper. I then stamped the pretty girl using several brown shades of Oxide inks onto a sheet of the Pretty Pale paper.  I then stamped her again on masking paper and fussy cut her out. Masking her off, I stamped the large background stamp across the bottom. I then took the circles and stamped those around. Finally, I took the butterfly and stamped just the script words to the side. 


I started watercoloring the girl using the same inks, very lightly as I used paper from the pad. I then die cut her and another sheet from the pad. I then took some 7 Gypsies coordinating paper and die cut a circle, a doily and the cage out. I added distress colors to the doily and circle. I backed the Fearless ephemera with the same paper. I stamped another sentiment onto scraps of the Pretty Pale paper and fussy cut that. I inked the edges of almost everything.


Finally, I put the card together using 2 ribbons and crystal dots. I took matching flowers, added glitter, attached them and called the card done.


Somehow, this time of year speaks vintage to me. I seem to be attracted to those soft colors and all the luscious details found in these cards and beautiful papers. Hope you like this one... now back to some mixed media! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment