Thursday, July 5, 2018

Smooshed Roses Card

Late last night, while listening to fireworks, I decided I wanted to try a technique called “smooshing” using Unity’s roses stamp from the April KOTM. As usual, since I don’t always follow rules, I would retitle mine, “targeted smooshing”! The sentiment I used is from Unity’s Nov. 2017 SMAK kit - it appealed to me as I used my fond rose memories to target the smooshing!

To begin, I pulled 5 oxide inks (see pic below) and cut a piece of watercolor paper to fit the large stamp. I grabbed an empty acetate zip bag which used to hold sticky crystals dots and placed all on my craft mat. I first stamped out the rose stamp on a paper invoice (never waste paper scraps) from a stamp purchase as a guide. I then stamped the inks for the flower colors on the mat, spritzed them with water and dipped the acetate into each color and tried to visualize where the colors belonged using memory and the scrap. I dried in between the colors. To darken some, I smooshed the color on twice. Once done, I used my Misti to figure out where to stamp the roses image. Came pretty close I think. I then added color splotches using a toothbrush and the inks and a white Posca pen.

I stamped the sentiment on a leftover paper scrap, added scripting images from the corners of the  roses stamp, and spattered that, also with watercolor and pen. I cut and backed both with brown paper. I then played around with card layout options and finally decided to go more traditional with a curve thrown in. I used 2 different yellow Washi tapes as a foundation and added Washi to the Roses image. I then added a ton of coordinating sequins and called it done. I really enjoyed playing with the looseness of this style. I love the bright colors of this card and am pleased with the end result! Hope to see you back here!




No comments:

Post a Comment