Monday, July 30, 2018

Life Should Be Cards

Received this Unity stamp set, Life Should Be kit, in my last purchase (sigh). I also used a sentiment stamp from 1/13 SMAK kit. Also picked up some discounted TCW stencils that I tried out. Used a combo of media, Brea Reese Glitter Inks, Distress inks, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists and Perfect Pearls. Experimented in layering stencils and trying out different coloring schemes.

In the first card, I used a yellow and purple ink to color, but because it’s so dark, I tried adding water and ended up losing the brilliance of the color. I used the left over bits to add another butterfly stencil which I added color to and ended up using as a background paper. I had used a gold Heidi Swapp mist that to add the butterfly impressions which was a little too watery. I also stamped a flower and used pencils to add coordinating colors on a lavender paper.




In the second card, I first layed down the yellow design and then added the purple mist which ended up covering up the yellow design. I stamped the image on the paper and stamped it again on another sheet, colored it, fussy cut and attached over the original stamped image.



The third card, which I think I like the best, I sprayed the purple rays first and then added the yellow rays. I used Perfect Pearls on this one.

I still don’t feel I’ve developed a card that really does justice to this pretty stamp, but it’s time to move on! Also, just a note, I used Paper Studio Kraft card base set for these, that is an unusual size. Noticed that the die sizes were too large for this size. May stay away from these in the future. Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely lovely! Where did you get these stencils....I already am a Unity freak, but the stencils..they help complete the cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gayle! These sets are all TCW, or The Crafter’s Workshop. They have a huge selection. I might have picked up one of these at Tuesday Morning, but I also look for 25% off sales, like at Scrapbook.com and other sites.

      Delete