Saturday, July 28, 2018

First set of July ATC’s

Pretty hot outside, so I decided to cool off with water based ATC’s. The first set shown was based on a retired Unity stamp set called Seashell Song. I had picked up a set of pre-stamped white tags at a Tuesday Morning store that I thought I could use. I began by using a Tim Holtz stencil and a yellow distress ink. I then tried using the Ranger Micro Glaze to set the yellow, rubbing it on through the stencil. I then wiped it off and added a red ink. This went okay, but I think because I had to do so many ATC’s the glaze got on the sponge and the glaze ended up in places I didn’t intend. I then went over the edges with Vintage Photo. At this point I pulled out Stazon black ink and stamped and embossed the image. I cut the tag down to the appropriate size and then turned the leftover end upside down and stamped and embossed the sentiment. I fussy cut the sentinment and backed it with a distressed gold paper. I then took some watercolors and added a little color to the image and here’s where the glaze proved a little troublesome and interfered with that effort. I then took an Art Anthology bird stencil and added 3 images to each card using a Bo Bunny dark gold paste. I replaced the white thread with black twine and called it done.

The second ATC was created using 3 Unity sets: You Can Do It (bubbles), Beach Girl (sentiment) and the 1/15 SMAK kit (plant). I also used Recollection mini beads, a stencil, patterned paper, a Brea Reese light gold paste and a Heidi Swapp white paste. started by adding blue and green inks to the bottom of each card, with the darkest colors at the bottom. I then stamped the bubbles using different inks again including darker blues and greens. I also added a plant stamp image. Next, I added white dots using a stencil at the top. Next, I mixed mini beads in with the gold paste and slathered (yes, like buttah!) the mixed concoction across the middle top. I then colored the remaining section with Antique Linen and fussy cut some palm leaves from a patterned paper set I picked up in a magazine and attached one at the top of each card. I stamped, cut, and inked the edges of the sentiment. I added the sentiment and some crystal dots and called them done.



No comments:

Post a Comment